Based in Bucharest, Romania
Interrogation is a narrative game that emulates the atmosphere of dark investigation procedurals to put the player in the detective’s seat and challenge their preconceptions with noire intensity. The game is intended to emulate the tropes related to interrogation scenes in pop-culture while also offering some deconstruction. It plays as a questions-based puzzle in which the player must manage the emotions of suspects and interpret information into discovering details about future terrorist attacks.
Interrogation came up at the Amberjam 2016, at the Eastern European Comic-Con in Bucharest. (Game Jams are competitions in which developers try to create a game from scratch within 24 hours). Given the theme “Under the surface”, we decided to take a metaphorical approach, and look under the surface of people: what people try to hide. Knowing that, and that we also want exciting and engaging gameplay, the solution we arrived to was making an interrogation game: Putting the player in the seat of the inquisitor that needs answers fast and that needs to decide what corners to cut. Building tension and atmosphere were key, as was having characters with realistic psychological nuance.
- Noire and opressive art style and music for deep immersion and tension
- Asking questions affects the emotional model of the characters
- Story that explores the subject of authority, in the context of terrorism and the fight against it
- Manage a cast of police investigators fighting the terrorist threat under your supervision
Teaser trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Very Big Indie Pitch nominee." Pocket Gamer Connect London, January, 2017
- "Special Talent Award Contest nominee." Ludicious Zurich, January, 2017
- "Indie Pitch runner-up." Dev.Play, 20 September, 2016
- "Selected for the Amber Jam." East European Comic-Con, 29 May, 2016
A 10-minute presentation by David about the game's concept and roadmap. drive.google.com.
Game graphics & Screenshots
Additional screenshots and character graphics. drive.google.com.
About Critique Gaming
The Critique Gaming team is an eclectic squad of people with very different social and educational backgrounds, from law and economy to art and programming, with very diverse skillsets. We’ve gathered with the mission of making pointful games that explore important contemporary questions.
More information on Critique Gaming, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Andrei “Dexter” Olaru
Game Design, Writing
Dragoș “Dexi” Antoniu
Music, Sound Design
Programming, Sound Design, Animation